Sacramento is one of the most historic cities in the state of California thanks to its historical, cultural and scientific monuments, not to mention its parks and many points of interest that you must absolutely see.
Sacramento is full of famous Landmarks such as:
- The Capitol of the State of California : The Capitol is home to the California State Government, where you can take a free tour to learn more about the architecture and history of this building and even walk through the 16-hectare park adjacent to the Capitol.
- Tower Bridge : It connects the south bank of the Thames to the north bank and can be reached by foot, car and bicycle. It is very well known thanks to these 2 large bridges.
- Old Sacramento : It’s an old neighborhood in Sacramento along the river. It is also a great place for a lunch break or coffee.
- The American River in Sacramento : This location offers residents and visitors a multitude of entertainment and lifestyle options. Dinner by the water, boating, swimming and relaxation are just some of the reasons why Sacramento residents love this city.
- Historic cemetery of the city : This cemetery is adorned with beautiful statues, dramatic landmarks and lush gardens; the cemetery of the historic city of Sacramento is an open-air museum that traces California’s history from the time of the gold rush to the present day.
You will also find interesting parks in the city of Sacramento such as:
- William Land Park : William Land Park is considered to be the largest park in Sacramento. Its size allows you to enjoy several neighborhoods and amenities such as a golf course, water games, picnic areas, the proximity of the Sacramento Zoo and the fairy tale city, and many more.
- Southside Park : Amenities at Southside Park include a swimming pool, paddling pool, three-quarters of a mile jogging track, a Southside pavilion, a lake with fishing docks, an accessible playground, a course with four fitness stations, an amphitheater and picnic areas.