Key West is an island city in the Keys Archipelago in Florida, USA.
This beautiful city is the southernmost in the country, a few kilometers from Cuba, it is known for its pastel colors and is a stopover for cruise ships. It is accessible from the mainland by taking the Overseas Highway.
If you are passionate about diving and coral reefs, if you are looking for a quiet, unique place with a bohemian style; Key West is your destination in Florida!
There are several tourist attractions in the city that you can visit in a day, for example:
- The beautiful beaches that are generally located on the south coast of the island, visit the popular beach of Smathers Beach with its volleyball and other water sports games.
- Hemingway House is a superb monument that deserves to be visited! It dates from 1865 and is still inhabited by the ghost of the great writer who lived there from 1931 to 1951. Explore its architecture and its famous 6-finger cats.
- The southernmost point of the country which is located on the southern tip of the island. It is frequented by tourists who want to mark their visit with photos with this monumental point.
- The Key West aquarium, which was the first of its kind in Florida, is not to be missed
- In the city center, explore the various tourist sites, walk among dozens of singers and street artists, the beautiful terraces, the outdoor cafés.
In the evening, it is a whole different world from sunset, often magical until the early hours of the morning.
Duval Street is your destination for a busy evening, where you can discover what Florida means to party people.
If you enjoy the cultural experience more, there are cinemas and theatres and many art galleries that showcase local talent and the works of art of national and international artists. And if you enjoy gastronomy, Key West is home to more than 240 restaurants and drinking establishments.
Explore this beautiful island and enjoy the region’s original dishes made with fresh seafood.Whether you’re looking to relax or experience new activities or learn about the country’s history, Key West is the destination not to be missed in Florida!