Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is located in Manhattan Borough, the most famous cultural center in New York City.
Its construction dates back to the 1960s and it benefited from Robert Moses’ urban renewal plan.
The complex extends over six hectares in the middle of Broadway and Amsterdam Avenue, and is the first gathering place for several important cultural institutions.
The Lincoln Center Cultural Complex occupies 19 rooms, employs 8,000 people with a budget of $450 million per year and has 4.7 million registered visitors each year.
It houses a campus of 11 organizations that bring thousands of magnificent performances to life each year, this campus is focused on:
- Opera House
- Artistic Education
Many companies have their headquarters at Lincoln Center like:
- The Metropolitan Opera House
- The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center
- Jazz at Lincoln Center
- New York City Ballet
- New York City Opera House
- New York Philharmonic
The Lincoln center also presents a number of festivals and annual series like:
- Lincoln Center Out of Door: Free annual festival that takes place every summer featuring all kinds of shows (music, dance, performance…)
- MostlyMozart: a festival dedicated to Mozart and his music
- Lincoln Center festival: a multi-genre summer festival often featuring famous artists.
Feel free to attend a concert or a play or take a guided tour of the many beautiful theatres at Lincoln Center; you will surely not regret it.