Above all things you think you should know, which we also think you already know, but hey! Why not mention it?
911 is the emergency number in the United States.
Then we go with the following;
- Make sure you have health and travel insurance before your visit (health care costs in the USA are amongst the highest in the world).
- The United States is one of the few countries still using the imperial system. So think about height in feet, distance in miles, temperature in Fahrenheit degrees, and weight in pounds.
- Credit cards and bank cards are generally the preferred method of payment. Call your bank before travelling so they know that you will be using your credit card abroad.
- The United States covers six time zones; Make sure you know the time zone of your destination for your flights and airport transfers (and if you think about it, a million other reasons).
- Make the most of the incredible national and regional parks in the United States, which are among the best in the world.
- Make your travel to the United States easier by booking your airport transfer before your flight; it’s one less thing to consider before your trip.
And of course, in order to make sure about getting there in the first place, you must verify your Passport’s expiry date, and travel authorization (ESTA) if your country is part of the Visa Waiver Program.
Have a great Trip!